Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.

Over and done with in forty-eight hours, it was absorbing much in the same way that I found Catcher in the Rye absorbing. It's neat to put myself into a mind that functions in so drastically different a manner than my own. I walked away from Rye feeling it was a drastically over-rated novel, but Incident seems to have escaped that feeling. I had great sympathy for the savant narrator and his exhausted parents - and, of course, that poor dog, too. And Haddon has a great feel for how to convey a lot without outright saying it.

That said, I need more meat to my words. A forty-eight hour affair with a novel is not long enough for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home