Friday, September 02, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Just finished (like a month ago, so sue me...) the latest Harry Potter. So... believe the hype, it is as good as everyone says.

Here's how the Potter series has gone for me so far. I jumped on the bandwagon about the time the fourth book was released. I borrowed the book from K______, finished it, and then carelessly left it on the stairs for my mom's dog to destroy. (Yes, I replaced it.) It took me two years to get around to picking up the second book while I was in Japan. A year later I borrowed the third from Mrs. Grumpy-pants. Here's where it started to get interesting. Six months later I was ready to hop into the fourth in the series. And damn, the fourth in the series was just so bloody good I had to head straight into the fifth. And then? Well, and then I just had to wait.... ARRRRGGH! Sweet frustration!

So now that the sixth has finally arrived, I was really pleased that it was just as good as the fourth in the series and sets it up nicely for some great stuff in the seventh and final in the series. Mrs. Grumpy-pants is totally addicted and I spent three hours one morning walking along the river in Niagara-on-the-Lake hanging on her every word as she detailed all the foreshadowing from books one through five and gave me her version of what she thinks is really going to happen.

Hee. Mrs. G is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home